Welcome back to the building!
Worship in our building will resume on March 28th at 8:30 AM. There will be one in-person traditional service provided on Sundays and one on-line blended service provided at 10 AM. This will be our temporary worship schedule until further notice. Please read and review our plan.
Sign up for a worship service here: https://rsvp.church/r/qgN8lr81
Entering the Building
- The following areas of church will be used for worship: Narthex, Sanctuary and hallway bathrooms by the Narthex. The rest of the church will be closed on Sundays.
- Worshippers should never enter the building with a fever, symptoms of COVID-19 or close contact to a confirmed case of COVID-19. Most common signs of illness are fever over 100.4°F, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, body aches, sore throat, recent loss of taste or smell.
- Masks are required for all persons aged 2 years old and up. Note: Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, and anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance. Cloth face coverings are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms.
- A box of disposable masks will be available to those who forget their mask.
- Doors will open at 8:15 AM for 8:30 AM service, they will be locked until that time.
- Before you enter the building, your temperature will be taken. If you have a 100.4˚ temperature or above, you will be requested to worship online. Please do not be offended if this occurs, it is for your and others safety.
- Sanctuary doors will be “entrance only” before service and “exit only” after worship.
- Spots will be marked on the sidewalk by the narthex to keep people from bunching up. We request that everyone maintain at least six feet of social distancing.
- As you enter, there will be greeters, who will open the door for you to limit physical contact. They will be smiling under their masks. Please; no handshakes, fist or elbow bumps, or hugs.
- The coat room and nursery will be closed to limit close contact.
- Seating in the Narthex has been temporarily removed and we ask that you do not congregate there.
- Water fountains are not to be used and will be shut off.
Before the Service
- An offering plate will be available for your convenience in the narthex before the service only. We continue to encourage people to sign up for automatic withdrawal to limit the check processing that needs to happen.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the Narthex after the offering plate station.
- Regular size bulletins will not be available. The weekly email will continue to provide the bulletin in electronic form. Worshipers may print off their own copy or use their own electronic device during worship. We also encourage people to use the screen for following worship. A very few large print bulletins will be available in the narthex upon request from the usher.
- Restrooms will be limited to one person at a time. A sign on the restroom door will indicate that only one person may use the bathroom at a time with the exception of caretakers.
Taking your seat
- The usher at the entrance to the sanctuary will direct you to your seats. Once seated, please remain in your seated area. We will not use fellowship pads, prayer pads or offering plates
- Ushers will take note of who attends service. This will allow us to communicate with the congregation should a person in attendance test positive for Covid-19.
- Chairs in the sanctuary will be spaced apart and some removed to allow spacing. All seating will reflect social distancing. Families will be allowed to sit together. Please do not rearrange the seating.
- The books and toys have been removed from the children’s area. Children are welcome in worship and encouraged to sit with their families.
During the Service
- Pre-packaged communion kits will be available after the service and will be placed on a table near the church entrance for worshipers to receive communion on their own as they leave worship. Please exit the church before taking the sacrament. A receptacle will be placed outdoors for people who wish to take the elements before leaving the grounds.
- There will be no choir during the services. Our Director of Music, Mitch Olson will provide worshipful music on the organ and piano.
- There will be no singing by worshippers. Worshippers may hum or mouth words to prayers.
After the Service
- Ushers will dismiss worshippers by groups to promote social distancing
- Worshippers may pick up their communion items from the tables at the entrance door to the narthex and take it with them to be received outside the church.
- Regrettably, there will be no Coffee/Fellowship hour.
Visit us on Facebook for our Live-Stream Worship https://www.facebook.com/crossandcrownroscoe