Welcome back to the building!
Grace and Peace to you!
We are grateful for your support and encouragement during this challenging year. Our church council recently met to evaluate the changes to statewide health mandates. These mandates are changing as Illinois has moved into the Bridge to Phase 5 and anticipates moving to Phase 5.
Below are updates that will be made to Sunday morning worship, fellowship and education. We place highest importance on the health and wellbeing of our worshipers.
Bridge to Phase 5 (Beginning May 23, 2021)
- If you are feeling unwell, exhibiting a fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, chills, body aches, or sore throat we invite you to stay home and worship with us on our Facebook livestream. We will continue to offer livestream worship every Sunday morning at 10AM.
- We are still requesting all individuals wear masks while in our building.
- Worship space capacity has been raised to 60%. Our reservation system through rsvp.church will reflect the new availability.
- Temperatures checks will no longer be taken at the door before entry.
- Worship doors will no long remain locked until 8:15AM. Restrictions on entering and exiting the building will be eliminated.
- Communion kits will be offered as you enter the narthex and you are invited to take the elements during the worship service.
- Sharing of the peace will return to the worship service. We encourage contact AND contact-less ways to share the peace. (Including: waving, verbal greetings, fist bumps, peace signs and handshakes.)
- Hand sanitizing stations will be re-introduced to the worship space.
- Water fountains will be available for use.
- Fellowship after the 8:30AM service will begin outdoors during the summer months. (weather permitting)
- Reservations will no longer be taken for worship services.
- Seating in the sanctuary will return to 100%. Open seating will resume in the sanctuary. Ushers will no longer assist worshipers entering and exiting the sanctuary.
- Entire building will be open on Sundays.
- Wearing a mask during worship will not be required but will be welcomed for those wishing to continue for personal wellbeing.
- Congregational singing will resume during worship services.
- Updates to communion practices during worship will be made based on recommendations of Worship and Music Committee.
- Fellowship time will return to inside.
- The “children’s area” will return to the sanctuary.
- Nursery will be open for families on Sundays.
- The coat room will be open.
- Seating in the narthex will return.
- Offering will be taken during the worship service.
- Education (including confirmation, Sunday School, Bible studies) will resume in person class.
Sign up for a worship service here: https://rsvp.church/r/qgN8lr81